This is primarily a web-based business, offering the public a wide-range of high-quality writing, editing, and instructional services, in addition to an array of web/graphic-design and research services. All services are provided electronically through email or the old-fashioned way via snail-mail and/or in-person (whenever applicable).
Some typical services offered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writer-for-Hire: Article and research-supported writing (e.g., historical/biographical/technical/scientific/trade-related); ghostwriting (e.g., autobiography/memoir); small-business and corporate copywriting (e.g., newsletters and trade/procedural manuals); educational materials, grant-writing, and book proposals; original screenwriting/ screenplay adaptations; speech writing; arts/book reviews; histories (e.g., family, corporation, institution/organization/agency, and city/town); business writing (e.g., résumé and Curriculum Vitae).
- Website Content: Produce/assist in new content writing and creative development of web material, including graphic design/layout.
- Advertising Copy/Marketing/Public Relations: Produce/assist in content creation for all product/service literature; desktop publishing (e.g., brochures, calendars, fliers, or newsletters); event promotions and publicity; press kits and news releases.
- Editor-for-Hire: Comprehensive style edit and critique of any text material (e.g., reports, corporate, commercial, literary, technical, or memoir).
- Copyediting: Proofread text content of all book-length projects, articles, stories, reports, theses/dissertations, marketing material, etc.
- Website Material: Edit website content and graphic design/layout.
- Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations: Edit content for all forms of copy, such as used in advertising, product/service-information literature, event promotion, and publicity.
- Manuscript Submissions: Edit submission material for literary agents and editors (e.g., book proposals, query letters, and completed manuscripts/sample chapters).
- Consultation: Provide client with publishing-industry expertise, in regard to finding a publisher or literary agent for your creative work.
- Graphic Design: Image creation and design (e.g., manipulation and layout); digital or print formats; create logo, letterhead, and business-card designs.
- Consultation: Provide client with visual-arts expertise, in regard to all multimedia formats, including creating PowerPoint presentations and various related desktop-publishing materials.
- Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations: Provide graphics and desktop-publishing services, relating to all forms of business or event promotion, publicity, and product/service-information literature (e.g., brochures, fliers, newsletters, manuals, and annual reports).
- In-School Author Visits: School-wide assembly and/or individual classroom/team/grade on any creative-writing topic, offered in various formats, using age-appropriate information and activities.
- Mini-Courses/Craft Lectures/Presentations: All writing-related topics, various formats. Libraries receive a 20% discount.
- Individual Tutoring/Mentoring: All levels, offered online or on the premises (e.g., school or home).
- Workshop/Small-Group Facilitator: In-person or online; each group’s members are placed in the appropriate level (Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced), based on a prerequisite writing sample.
- Promotion/Public Relations: Provide graphics and desktop-publishing services, relating to all forms of business or event promotion, publicity, and product/service-information literature (e.g., brochures, fliers, newsletters, manuals, and annual reports).
- Researcher-for-Hire: Conduct original research (e.g., historical, biographical, or genealogical) for personal or institutional needs, particularly if it is related to publishing projects.
- Market Researcher: Provide targeted market information, related to a client’s publishing needs, in hopes of finding a well-matched agent or editor/publisher.